This article will discuss how to estimate the QCUH for a Cluster - the example uses AWS however the technique is relevant to any of the cloud services that Qubole integrates with including Azure and GCP.
- Determine the Instance Type for the Cluster.
- Navigate to http://docs.qubole.com/en/latest/user-guide/billing/index.html#billing-qubole-index.
- Scroll down to the AWS Web Services - QCUH Mapping grid and identify the Equivalent QCUH for the Instance Type selected - consider this Q.
- Determine the Number of Instances in the Cluster - consider this N.
- Determine the Number of Hours the Cluster will run - consider this H.
- Estimate the QCUH as follows:
Estimated QCUH = Q * N * H