Release Notes for release on Feb 25, 2015
Hadoop Job API
New API added to get details of hadoop jobs spawned by a command (see: http://docs.qubole.com/en/latest/rest-api/command_api/view-command-jobs.html)
Query and command tags are auto completed now, this allows better user experience
QDS now supports us-west-1 region
Cluster report (Beta)
All other minor changes and bug fixes are listed below
* HAD-337: Job details for hadoop jobs can be compressed by setting 'hadoop.job.history.completed.codec=org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec’. This improves performance of viewing job history for large jobs.
* HAD-348, HAD-131: QDS is now compatible with Cascading versions 2.6+.
* HAD-179: All local drives can now be used to buffer writes to S3. This avoids out-of-space issues on nodes with SSD storage.
* UI-1241: Spark commands show QDS log and command log separately.
* HADTWO-20, HADTWO-34: Better default configuraton for YARN memory and vcore settings.
* UI-888 - AZ is automatically selected if VPC is selected.
* UI-1165 Fix for long group names - Very long group names were overlapping over other columns. They are now wrapped properly.
* UI-1168 Fix for hidden groups - If there are a large number of groups, they overflowed the available height and weren’t visible. They won’t overflow now and will be visible now.
* UI-1123 - Force refresh of VPCs is fixed.